3/30/2009

My "Dandi Visit"

Yesterday, I visited to “Dandi” place, where Gandhi ji came for “Salt Law” on 6th April 1930. “Dandi” is situated near costal area of Arabian sea (Distt. Navsaari 45 k.m. from Surat City- Gujrat State). It was my first visit with my friend Kalpesh Patel.

Gandhi ji started his “Dandi peach march” on 12th March 1930 from Sabarmati Ashram with 78 persons. He completed 291 miles distance and came here on 5th April 1930 evening. He stayed in “Saifee Villa” for one night and he broke the “Salt Law” on 6th April 1930.

After that , he stayed 20 days in Karadi Village (14th April to 4th May). The hut is there, where Gandhi ji stayed below mange tree. On 5th May, Gandhi ji was arrested by British police.

I visited all holy places. It was another very emotional experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment